Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Corporate & Commercial
- PhD of Law (Research) University of East Anglia, UK, 2020
- International Diploma in Compliance from International Compliance Association, UK, 2012
- Director Certificate exam from UCLA Anderson School of Management, California, 2008
- Master Degree in Digital Economy law from Monash University, Australia 2004
- LLB of Shari’a and Law (First Class Hons with Distinction) of the United Arab Emirates University, 2001
- United Arab Emirates International Chamber of Commerce (ICC-UAE) – Board Member
- United Arab Emirates International Chamber of Commerce (ICC-UAE) – Vice-Chairman of Commission on Arbitration and ADR
- Member of ICC Commission in Arbitration and ADR
- International Compliance Association (MICA), UK - Fellow
- International Compliance Association (MICA), UK – Member
- Accredited as International Arbitrator in Abu Dhabi Commercial
Dr. Mahmoud Hussein is the Founding Partner at Mahmood Hussain Advocates & Legal Consultancy and has over 15 years of experience in the public and private sectors. In his role as a litigator at Dubai Courts, Mahmoud has achieved many favorable judgments in several high-profile cases. Mahmoud through his niche practice of being an arguing Counsel before the Honorable Judges at Dubai Courts has set up a benchmark for effective representation involving complex legal issues.
As an experienced litigant, Mahmoud has successfully settled several money-spinning shareholder disputes. He has also acted in more than 30 International Arbitration proceedings under the ICC, LCIA, ADCCAC and DIAC rules.
He also played a key role in establishing the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) Courts in his capacity as a member of the Committee that established the DIFC Courts and later as its first Deputy Registrar and participated in the development of various DIFC legislations of DIFC courts. In addition, he also has the right of audience before the DIFC courts.
Mahmood has received recognition the Dubai International Arbitration Center (DIAC), where he was awarded as the most rising arbitrator in the region.
Mahmoud is arguably a fast rising legal expert with extensive experience that cuts across Dispute Resolution and International Commercial Arbitrations, Civil and Commercial Litigation, as well as Corporate Governance. He is a Board Member of ICC-UAE and Vice Chairman of ICC-UAE Commission in Arbitration and ADR and was recently appointed to the prestigious and renowned ICC Commission in Paris on Arbitration and ADR which is a body of ICC responsible for rule-making and research in the field of International Dispute Resolution.
He has further been accredited as International Arbitrator at DIAC (Dubai International Arbitration Centre) and Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation and Arbitration Center. Mahmood has acted in more than 30 International Arbitration proceedings under the ICC, LCIA, ADCCAC and DIAC rules. He is often appointed as sole arbitrator,
co-arbitrator or chairman of arbitral tribunals in International Arbitration proceedings.
He has a deep understanding as well as vast knowledge on matters that touch on Civil law, Sharia law, and Arbitration. His unmatched expertise in these three key areas makes Mahmoud one of the most sought after lawyers in the region.