Department of Economic Development – Abu Dhabi (English Version)
Administrative Resolution No. (92) of 2020 concerning 20% Rent Refund for Restaurant, Tourism and entertainment Sector in Abu Dhabi
The Chairman of the Department of Economic Development,
-After taking cognizance of Law No. (1) of 1974 concerning the Reorganization of the Governmental Body in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and its —
– Law No. (7) of 2018 concerning the Reorganization of Department of Economic Development; and
– Emiri Decree No. (1) of 2019 concerning the Reconstitution of the Executive Council of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi; and
– Emiri Decree No. (22) of 2019 concerning the Appointment of a Member of the Executive Council; and
– Resolution of the Executive Council No. (69) of 2020 concerning Initiatives of Economic Stimulus Package in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi; and
-Under the directions of His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed AI Nahyan, the Crown Prince of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the Chairman of Abu
Dhabi Executive Council, to support the private sector,
Has resolved the following:
This Resolution shall apply to lease contracts of the following properties wherever situated in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi:
to them, unless the context otherwise requires:
– Restaurants, coffee shops, cafeterias, fast food (ready meals) outlets.
– All units rented to facilities which conduct entertainment activities wherever situated.
– All properties rented to tourism and entertainment facilities.
– Desert resorts and tourist farms.
– In case of rent on participatory basis such as fixed rent plus percentage of revenue, the refund is calculated only on fixed rent.
– Precautionary attachment or labor disputes do not prevent the admissibility of requests.
– Any property owner who has financial claims against the tenant or any other financial right holder shall resort to the competent court for attachment of the rent payable. The Department shall not accept any request for attachment whatsoever except by court order.
-This Resolution is without prejudice to the other terms of the lease contracts. the full contractual annual rent shall be considered for the purposes of authentication and fees.
– This Resolution shall not apply to lease-to-own contracts.
Subject to the provisions of article (1) hereof:
-The provisions of this Resolution shall apply to all new lease contracts made between October 1st and March 31st 2020.
-The provisions of this Resolution shall also apply to all lease contracts renewed between April 1st, 2020 and September 31st, 2020, irrespective ofthe date of their conclusion.
The Department Undersecretary, or his delegate, shall issue the by-laws and economic activities, adopt the electronic systems and work mechanisms, and issue the project fiscal budget estimates in line with the requirements of the implementation of this Resolution.
This Resolution shall come into force from the date of its issuance, shall be published in the Official Gazette and shall be implemented by the concerned entities according to their respective competence.
Mohammad Ali AI Shorafa AI Hammadi
Chairman of the Department
21 Shaaban 1441 Hijri